Saturday, February 2, 2008

Thin Creativity ... Deep Soul

Have you seen the new MacBook Air?

I do not use a Mac but the design and potential functional ability of this computer is so amazingly creative. View Steve Jobs Introduction of the Apple MacBook Air at MacWorld 2008.

The new MacBook Air, is 0.76" thick, tapering to 0.16", weighs 3 pounds, has a 13.3" screen and full-size, backlit keyboard. Its Intel chip is the diameter of a dime and the thickness of a nickel. The MacBook Air will cost $1799+.

No doubt you have seen the Macbook Air Ad. That too is so creative and the song keeps humming in your head!

The song is New Soul by Yael Naim. Watch New Soul by Yael Naim music video on Youtube.

Talk about creative! The artist, Yael Naim was born in Paris and raised in Israel. She and David Donatien, assembled an eclectic group of musicians to record the album on a single computer in her Paris apartment. You can read about Yael Naim's rise to fame.

In the past, Apple has featured other new music artists on their commercials like the Feist, St. Vincent, and Regina Spektor. Most recently, the iPod Nano ad featured 1234 from the Feist’s “Remainder” album.

So far, Yael Naim has tour dates in France, none in the US. The New Soul single is available on iTunes and Amazon.com. The New soul album is due in the States in the Spring 08.

Read the words to New soul ... not only is the tune catchy but the lyrics are so inspiring and hopeful.

New Soul by Yael Naim
I'm a new soul I came to this strange world
hoping I could learn a bit about how to give and take.
But since I came here
felt the joy and the fear
finding myself making every possible mistake.

la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la...

I'm a young soul in this very strange world hoping I could learn a bit about what is true and fake.
But why all this hate?
Try to communicate.
Finding trust and love is not always easy to make.

la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la...

This is a happy end cause' you don't understand everything you have done why's everything so wrong
this is a happy end come and give me your hand I'll take your far away.

[Refrain]:
I'm a new soul I came to this strange world
hoping I could learn a bit about how to give and take
but since I came here
felt the joy and the fear
finding myself making every possible mistake

la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la...

la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la...

WOW! I just noticed the art quote for today is " Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. Berthold Auerbach. ... hummm

No comments: